Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Cholesterol - Food for Thought!

I received my medical report today, and it was generally good, except for the fact that I have too much "bad cholesterol" and too little "good cholesterol". My uric acid level was also near the risky limits. Yikes! I have the usual executive's health problems; too much stress, too much food and too little exercise.

It's not that surprising since I've dramatically reduced my sporting activities and increased work over the last 6 months or so. Used to play squash at least twice a week, on top of regular jogging, and eating healthy food as prescribed in the "Body for Life" programme.

Well, it's a new year and with it, new behaviours. My resolution will therefore be: more exercise, less fried food and no more nasi lemak, teh tarik, roti canai and banana leaf rice! Might even consider turning into a "pescatarian" like my sister...not!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?